Grand Tour of Americas West end Rapid City (Summer 2017)
About Rapid City, South Dakota
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
- Sedona: Visit this Red Rock Country artists' colony.
- Grand Canyon: Enjoy stunning views.
- Cameron: Stop at the Historic Trading Post.
- Glen Canyon: Visit the dam.
- Bryce Canyon National Park: Enjoy the rugged beauty with a leisurely walk along Sunset Point to view the hoodoos.
- Salt Lake City: View the headquarters for the Mormon religion.
- Jackson: See the town's iconic antler arch.
- Grand Teton National Park: Enjoy views of Jenny Lake.
- Yellowstone National Park: See Old Faithful and the other natural wonders.
- Black Hills: Witness the huge Crazy Horse Memorial and the famous Mount Rushmore National Memorial.
- San Francisco: See the cable cars, Union Square, Alamo Square and Golden Gate Bridge.
- Sonoma: Explore the shops of this Spanish Plaza.
- Yosemite National Park: Experience the natural beauty and wildlife. See the El Capitan and Half Dome rock formations.
- San Joaquin Valley: Stop at a historic fruit stand.
- Carmel-by-the-Sea: Browse the art galleries and shops.
- Santa Barbara: Drive down State Street, view the Court House and Stearns Wharf.
- Santa Monica: Stroll along the Third Street Promenade.
- Los Angeles: Drive along Sunset Boulevard, see the Hollywood Walk of Fame and Grauman's Chinese Theater.
- Scenic Drives: 17-Mile Drive past the Pebble Beach Golf Links.
AUTHENTIC REGIONAL FLAVOURS
- San Francisco: Enjoy a Signature Evening with a walking tour through Chinatown, followed by an authentic Chinese dinner.
- Napa Valley: Visit Benziger Winery for a private tram tour featuring the barrel aging caves and an exclusive tasting.
- Monterey: Dinner with wine is available from a selection of restaurants on your Dine-Around evening.
- Los Angeles: Spend the afternoon touring and tasting your way through the historic LA Farmers Market with a Local Expert.
- Los Angeles: A Highlight Dinner of American comfort classics with a Southern twist at Engine Co 28, a renovated firehouse from 1912.
- Grand Canyon: Enjoy a Highlight Dinner at the Thunderbird Room while taking in views of the South Rim.
- Custer: Toast to the finale of your tour at a lively Celebration Dinner with wine.
- Las Vegas: Enjoy a Highlight Dinner with drinks.
- UCross: After an afternoon of horseback riding in your beautiful surroundings, enjoy a hearty ranch style Highlight Dinner.
- 1 Welcome Dinner (WD), 22 Full Breakfasts (FB), 5 Highlight Dinners (HD), 1 Dine-Around (DA) 3 Dinners (D) and 1 Celebration Dinner (CD)
- Hearst Castle: Ascend the 'Enchanted Hill' for a guided tour of one of America's grandest private estates.
- Santa Barbara: Visit Mission Santa Barbara, a historic Spanish mission founded by the Franciscan order in 1786.
- Los Angeles: Visit the Getty Villa, a recreated ancient Roman country house.
- Los Angeles: Step beyond the red carpet. A behind-the-scenes look at the Oscars on a private tour of the Dolby Theatre.
- Grand Canyon: Join a Local Expert for an informative presentation and witness the burnt orange hues of the canyon walls.
- Lake Powell: A testament to the power of water over rock, glide through the narrow sandstone turns of Antelope Canyon during your cruise.
- Monument Valley: Join a Navajo Guide in a special vehicle to explore the iconic vistas of this Navajo Tribal Park, made famous in America's favourite Western movies.
- Zion Canyon: The most relaxing and informative way to see the grandeur and natural features of the canyon is by a private shuttle that includes live commentary.
- Yellowstone: Upper Geyser Basin boasts the highest concentration of spouting geysers, hot springs, and steaming fumaroles in the world. Join a Local Expert for an informative walk through these natural wonders.
- Cody: Explore the award-winning Buffalo Bill Center of the West, known for its excellent Western art collection, firearms and natural history.
- Deadwood: Historical Wild West figures such as Wild Bill Hickok and Calamity Jane called Deadwood home. Learn about the Gold Rush and the town's notable residents aboard Kevin Costner's Original Deadwood Tour.
- Deadwood: Enjoy an audience with Lakota tribe members who share a live narrative of the Great Sioux Nation.
STAY AT THE BEST ADDRESSES
- San Francisco: Your boutique Omni hotel is a sophisticated, urban retreat located only a short walk to Union Square.
- Sonoma: The Fairmont is the ultimate Wine Country resort, surrounded by lush vineyards and dotted with natural hot springs.
- Yosemite: Stay in the park and enjoy Yosemite after the crowds have left, just a short walk to Yosemite Falls.
- Los Angeles: Located In the heart of the city and setting a new standard of luxury, the stunning JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE Hotel is the focal point of L.A.
- Lake Powell: We guarantee lake-view rooms with picture-perfect vistas and breathtaking sunsets.
- Zion National Park: Stay in rustic charming lodges, located right inside the National Parks.
- Las Vegas: Where else would you want to stay, but the Cosmopolitan? A modern, luxury, upscale, resort, overlooking the heart of the strip.
- Grand Tetons: Stay right inside the National Park at the desirable Jackson Lake Lodge. One of the largest of all the eco-friendly resorts, with breathtaking views.
- UCross: Enjoy a relaxed and peaceful atmosphere during your stay at the Ranch at UCross. The plush accommodations enhance the natural scenic beauty of the surroundings.
- Spearfish: Deep in the heart of one of the most breathtaking, beautiful canyons in the world, nestled alongside lofty pines and spectacular cliffs, you will find Spearfish Canyon Lodge. Built and decorated in the style of the old lodges of the West, the outside world is as near or far as you need it to be.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.