Treasures of Turkey (Winter 2017-18)
About Istanbul, Turkey
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
- Istanbul: Visit the Hippodrome for a complete guide on how to haggle in the Grand Bazaar!
- Bursa: Hunt for bargains in the bazaar and silk markets.
- Cumalikizik: Explore the narrow streets and wooden houses.
- Gordion: See the site of what is believed to be the Tomb of Phrygian King Midas.
- Anatolia: Visit a 13th century Caravanserai.
- Konya: See the Karatay Medrese and Ince Minaret.
- Antalya: Enjoy a walking tour of the Old Town.
- Pamukkale: Visit the Temple of Aphrodite at Aphrodisias.
- Troy: See the ruins and reconstructed wooden horse.
AUTHENTIC REGIONAL FLAVOURS
- Cappadocia: Dinner is followed by a spectacular 'Sema' performance of Whirling Dervishes, at a 13th century Seljuk Caravanserai.
- Istanbul: Toast the culmination of your tour with a lively Celebration Dinner at a popular local restaurant.
- Included Quality Dining: 14 Buffet Breakfasts (BB) and 9 Three-course table d'hôte Dinners or Buffets (D); plus 1 Welcome Dinner (WD), 1 Signature Evening (SE) and 1 Celebration Dinner (CD) all with wine, plus tea or coffee. Departure on tour for New Year's Eve enjoys a festive Highlight Dinner which will replace an included meal.
- Istanbul: Enjoy a relaxing cruise on the Bosphorus, past Ottoman palaces, old mansions and fortresses. With a Local Expert visit the Blue Mosque and St. Sophia Museum and gain an insight into the lives of the Ottoman sultans at the fabulous Topkapi Palace.
- Bursa: Visit the Grand Mosque, the glorious Green Mosque and mausoleum.
- Ankara: Discover the mysterious Hittite civilisation and visit the Mausoleum of Atatürk.
- Göreme: Explore underground cities, rock cut churches, fairy-tale chimneys, and the Pasabag Valley. In Cappadocia, visit a local home to experience Turkish hospitality.
- Konya: Visit the beautiful Mevlana Museum for an insight into the mystic Whirling Dervishes.
- Antalya: Visit the world's best preserved Roman Theatre in Aspendos.
- Pamukkale: See the cascading ‘Cotton Castle' of milky-white travertine pools.
- Ephesus: With your Local Expert, tour one of the world's finest ancient sites, visit the House of the Virgin Mary and Archaeological Museum.
- Pergamon: Visit Asklepion, one of the most famous shrines and therapeutic centres in the ancient world.
- Gallipoli: Pay your respects at Anzac Cove and Lone Pine Cemetery.
STAY AT THE BEST ADDRESSES
- Istanbul: The CVK Park Bosphorus Hotel is located right in the centre of Istanbul's European side, with magical views of the Bosphorus. It is only a few blocks away from the pedestrianised shopping street, Istiklal, which is full of shops and restaurants to suit varying tastes.
- Bursa: The Crowne Plaza Bursa is conveniently located in the bustling city centre and offers spacious rooms with modern furnishings.
- Ankara: Only a short stroll to the shopping street of Tunali Hilmi, the Ankara HiltonSA is designed in a modern style and offers local and international cuisine in the Greenhouse Restaurant.
- Cappadocia: The Doubletree by Hilton Avanos is set in Turkey's unique and beautiful Cappadocia region. All guest rooms are spacious and bright, with contemporary furnishings.
- Konya: The centrally located Dedeman Konya Hotel offers large rooms and the rooftop bar provide expansive views over the city.
- Antalya: The Rixos Downtown hotel is located by the Konyaalti Beach and close to the city centre.
- Pamukkale: The Doğa Thermal Health & Spa offers spacious, contemporary designed and comfortable rooms. It features a full spa service with thermal indoor and outdoor pools.
- Kusadasi: At the Charisma De Luxe Hotel, enjoy stunning views over the Aegean sea.
- Izmir: Set in beautiful landscaped gardens, the Swissôtel Grand Efes overlooks the spectacular Kordon promenade. The rooms are well appointed, with views of Izmir and the sea.
- Çanakkale: The Kolin is a modern hotel situated near the city centre and overlooking the sea.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.