Jewels of the Nile, Lake Nasser & Abu Simbel (Winter 2017-18)
About Cairo, Egypt
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
- Memphis: Visit this famous capital of the ancient world to see the statue of Ramses II and the Great Alabaster Sphinx.
- Sakkara: See the oldest pyramid in the world, the Step Pyramid of King Zoser.
- Cairo: Sightseeing includes sweeping views over the city from the Citadel and a visit to the Great Alabaster Mosque.
- Dendera: At the Temple of Hathor, see a rare depiction of Cleopatra and Caesarian.
- Kasr Ibrim:See the ruined citadel.
- Amada: View carvings in the Nubian temple. Visit the temple of Amun-Re and Re-Harrakte and the Tomb of Penniut.
- Wadi El Sebou: Admire the Avenue of Sphinxes leading to the Temple of Rameses II.
- Aswan: Visit the Temple of Kalabsha and see Aswan's High Dam and Unfinished Obelisk.
- Kom Ombo: See the only temple in Egypt, dedicated to two gods.
- West Bank: See the Colossi of Memnon.
- Karnak: Walk along the avenue of ram-headed sphinxes and visit the Hypostyle Hall.
AUTHENTIC REGIONAL FLAVOURS
- Nile Cruise: Join the fun at an Egyptian dinner and galabeya party.
- Aswan: Like Winston Churchill and Agatha Christie before you, enjoy the sunset and high tea in colonial English-style at Aswan's famous Old Cataract Hotel.
- Luxor: Visit a working bakery and witness the local artisans making authentic Egyptian bread.
- Included Quality Dining: 10 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 1 High Tea (AT) and 1 Welcome Drink (WR). While cruising: 6 Lunches (L), 4 Buffet Dinners (D) and 2 Signature Evenings (SE) all with bottled water plus tea or coffee. Departure on tour for New Year's Eve enjoys a festive Highlight Dinner which will replace an included meal.
- Giza: Meet the enigmatic Sphinx and venture deep inside one of the pyramids, to the chambers where the pharaohs went to meet their gods in the afterlife.
- Cairo: Gaze upon the most recognizable symbols of ancient Egypt: the full-faced funeral mask, gold coffin, gilded throne and precious jewellery – Tutankhamun's treasure.
- Abu Simbel: Visit the Great Temple and be confronted by four towering statues of Rameses himself, carved out of a single slab of rock.
- Aswan: On a traditional Nile felucca, meet a sailor and learn the art of sailing this ancient Nile craft.
- West Bank: Embark on an experience with an Egyptologist to visit the Temple of Hatshepsut and royal tombs, in the Valley of the Kings.
- Karnak: Stand amid a vast forest of columns in the largest temple complex known to man.
STAY AT THE BEST ADDRESSES
- Cairo: The luxurious Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar El Khayyam Casino is conveniently located on Gezira Island in downtown Cairo. The central section was once the Gezirah Palace built for the Khedive Isma'il Pasha in 1869.
- Lake Nasser Cruise: Admire the beautiful scenery of Lake Nasser, discovering magnificent temples and tombs of the ancient world, as you cruise through ancient Egyptian history on the MS Prince Abbas.
- Nile Cruise: Cruise the Nile in style aboard your traditional Nile cruiser with its spacious cabins, bars, shops, lounge, restaurant and swimming pool.
TOP RATED HIGHLIGHTS
- Philae Island: Rising from the waters, on the Island of Philae is the amazing Temple of Isis. You will travel there by motorboat.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.