Israel Discovery (Winter 2018-19)
Additional Included Highlights
- Tel Aviv: See Habimah National Theatre, Rabin Square and Carmel Market.
- Acre: See the fortress, the old harbour area and Crusader crypt.
- Galilee: View the ancient wooden boat, which is said to date back to when Jesus was alive.
- Qumran: See the caves where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found.
- Mount Scopus: Marvel at the stunning views over the city of Jerusalem.
- Scenic Drives: Mediterranean Coast, Sea of Galilee, Jordan Valley, Judean Hills.
- Tel Aviv: Participate in a Friday night Shabbat dinner
- Jerusalem: Toast the culmination of your travels with a lively Celebration Dinner.
- Dining Summary: 7 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 2 Dinners (D) and 2 Dinners with Wine (DW), all with tea or coffee.
- Jaffa: Visit the ancient port and artists' quarter and see the famous clock tower and old harbour.
- Caesarea: With your Local Expert, explore the Roman and Crusader ruins of Caesarea, formerly one of the splendid cities in Palestine.
- Dead Sea: Alongside your Local Expert, ascend to the ancient fortress of Masada by cable car where Jewish Zealots held out for three years against Herod’s armies, before sacrificing themselves.
Stay at the Best Addresses
- Tel Aviv: The Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotel is considered one of Tel Aviv’s more sophisticated hotels, located on the waterfront and providing guests with luxury accommodation.
- Tiberias: The Leonardo Plaza Tiberias Hotel is centrally located close to the Old Town and offers beautifully decorated rooms.
- Dead Sea: The magnificent Hod Hamidbar Resort and Spa Hotel on the shore of the Dead Sea, offers you serenity, relaxation and the perfect pampering experience in its modern spa.
- Jerusalem: The Leonardo Plaza Hotel Jerusalem is located in the heart of the city and offers panoramic views of the Jerusalem skyline. It has many top facilities and is a good base from which to explore the Old and New Cities.
Top Rated Highlights
- Israel: 2018 marks 70 years of the State of Israel.
- Nazareth: Visit the Church of the Annunciation built on the site where the angel Gabriel is said to have appeared to Mary.
- Capernaum: Visit the Synagogue where Jesus taught and the Mount of Beatitudes, where he preached the Sermon on the Mount
- Dead Sea: Be sure to take a dip in the famously mineral-rich waters where it's easy to float.
- Sea of Galilee: Enjoy a morning boat ride at the very place where Jesus is said to have walked on water.
- Jerusalem: Be sure to take a dip in the famously mineral-rich waters where it's easy to float.
- Jerusalem: Visit the Yad Vashem Holocaust Museum. At the Israel Museum, wander to the Shrine of the Book wing housing the Dead Sea Scrolls.
- Jerusalem: Accompanied by your Local Expert, walk the Stations of the Cross to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre - site of the Crucifixion. You will also visit the Garden of Gethsemene, see the Temple Mount, Room of the Last Supper, the Pool of Bethesda and Ecce Homo Arch.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.